International membership is open to licensed practicing neurosurgeons who live and practice outside North America.
Benefits of International Membership
- Complimentary online subscription to our publications: Neurosurgery, Operative Neurosurgery, Clinical Neurosurgery, and Congress Quarterly, with option to add print journal at significantly reduced member rate
- Discounts on our online self-assessment tools: SANS Lifelong Learning, SANS: Spine, SANS: Pediatrics, SANS Competencies, and SANS Neurotrauma
- Access to online educational resources with more than 100 online courses and webinars
- Leadership opportunities through volunteering on committees
- Reduced registration rate for the Annual Meeting
- Online management of CME credit, member account, and meeting participation
The annual dues for International membership are priced according to World Bank economy tiers.
Higher Income Countries: $350 ($550 with print journal benefit)
Lower Income Countries: $100 ($300 with print journal benefit)
Are You Eligible?
To qualify for International membership you must be a licensed physician whose practice is limited to neurosurgery. You must also meet the following requirements:
- Reside and practice neurosurgery outside North America (the United States, its territories, Canada, and Mexico); and
- Membership in good standing in a local or regional neurosurgical society; or
- Met the criteria to be an Active Member, but live and practice outside of North America and have been approved by request to the Membership Committee to convert from Active Member to International Member
Apply for Membership Today
Submit a completed and signed International membership application, current curriculum vitae, and verification of current membership in a local or regional neurosurgical society. Upon approval by the executive committee, you will be required to pay a $25 application fee and dues per your country's tier.
You also can download an application. For more information, contact us.