September 2021—We can’t wait to see you soon at the Congress of Neurological Surgeons Annual Meeting! We want to inform you that we are taking every precaution to ensure the meeting will be held safely in-person. We respect everyone’s choice whether or not to attend, and also recognize the importance of in-person meetings and to fulfill that need for our members. As a reminder, the CNS made registration for the Annual Meeting in Austin entirely complimentary until September 15 in order to honor the tremendous sacrifice and resilience of all our members over the past two years.
- Mandatory COVID vaccination will be required for all attendees, exhibitors, and staff. For those unable to meet the vaccine requirement, negative COVID test results within 72 hours of arrival.
- Mandatory mask-wearing throughout the venue except when presenting
- Social distancing measures
- Daily temperature checks upon entry
- Daily health screening
- Using Health Pass by CLEAR to confirm full vaccination status and health screening
Health Pass by CLEAR is a free mobile app that makes entering public events quick, safe, and easy for everyone in attendance. Complete the one-time enrollment to help verify your entry requirements. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions:
Step 1: Enroll with CLEAR to set up your pre-screening
1. Download the CLEAR app and tap “Get Started” on the white Health Pass tile
2. Select Events select ‘Have a code?’ and enter CNS2021
3. Select the health screening verification option you will be providing for the event
(Please note that it can take up to 1 hour to link to a provider, so make sure to do this step at least 24 hours before the event!)
4. Tap “Enroll or verify your in CLEAR” to create your CLEAR member account
○ New to CLEAR? Have your gov’t issued photo ID ready to complete enrollment
○ Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to log in.
5. Follow prompts to securely confirm your proof of vaccination or link to your preferred lab provider
Step 2: Before arriving at CNS, take a quick daily survey to complete your Health Pass
1. Open the CLEAR app and tap on the white Your Pass tile
2. Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go!
If you have any issues with Health Pass, please reach out to the CLEAR team by calling 855-CLEARME or tapping “Get In Touch” in the app.
What to do before landing in Austin
- Register for CNS 2021 before September 15th to take advantage of FREE registration for CNS members
- Get fully vaccinated
- Be ready to upload your vaccination status or negative COVID test to the CLEAR app. You will receive further instructions on how to download the CLEAR app and enroll for free in advance of the event. Stay tuned for more information
- Reserve your hotel room
Health and Safety Resources at the 2021 CNS Annual Meeting
The Austin Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities.
The headquarters hotel, the JW Marriott Austin, adheres to their own “Commitment to Clean” protocols.
Information on COVID-19 resources in the city of Austin can be found on the Visit Austin Health and Safety page, which is updated regularly as additional information from community partners is collected.
We are all working together to help keep meeting attendees safe!
On-site Safety Precautions
- Attendees are asked to correctly and consistently wear a mask that completely covers their nose and mouth at all times. Attendees should plan to bring a mask with them to the CNS Annual Meeting. If a mask is misplaced or forgotten, one will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Austin Convention Center and hotels.
- Close gathering and crowds should be avoided.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- Refrain from attending official CNS Annual Meeting activities if you have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you think you may have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- A continual cleaning and disinfecting routine will be enforced throughout the Austin Convention Center during event hours and overnight, especially in high-touch areas.
- Restrooms will be regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours.
- A continuous review of COVID-19 cleaning protocols will be done by the CNS, official meeting hotels, the Austin Convention Center, and social event venues.
Thank you for working with us to ensure the safety and well-being of yourself and those around you at the 2021 CNS Annual Meeting.
Global Biorisk Advisory Council® STAR™ Accreditation
The Austin Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Austin Convention Center Department has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for the facility.
As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program will verify that the Austin Convention Center Department is implementing best practices to prepare the staff and buildings for future meetings and events.
“The GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation is a performance-based program that certifies that the Austin Convention Center continues to protect our staff and visitors, as we are equipped and ready to safely welcome back in-person events,” said Trisha Tatro, Austin Convention Center Department Interim Director. “Our staff has worked extremely hard to operate using specific procedures and protocols to best prepare, protect, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.”
To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, the Austin Convention Center will demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. Learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
Along with reaching a higher level of cleaning and disinfection, the Austin Convention Center Department has purchased new sanitation equipment and uses the following products:
- Stearns® ONE PACKS Mark E II Disinfectant/Deodorizer and multipurpose, neutral pH, hospital-grade quaternary, a one-step germicide, detergent, deodorizer, fungicide, and virucide
- Usage of four Sentry 4 UV stand-alone disinfection machines that emit full spectrum UV light to eliminate up to 99.9% of the bacteria, fungi, and viruses in the space, and limit the growth of fungi
- Ordered handheld electrostatic sprayers: Victory Sprayers’ patented technology provides an electrical charge to solutions, allowing them to wrap conductive surfaces with an effective and even coverage; these machines reduce cross-contamination due to their touchless application
- Equipment will be sanitized before the start of each event and at the end of each day