The application period for 2021 is now open. Please click here to submit your application.
The CNS/CSNS Medical Student Fellowship in Socioeconomic Research is meant to assist a medical student conducting research on a socioeconomic issue impacting neurosurgical practice. This fellowship award is sponsored by the Council of State Neurological Societies.
The fellowship is open to all medical students in the United States or Canada. The fellow will spend 8 to 10 weeks conducting supervised research on a socioeconomic topic of importance to neurosurgery.
Fellowship applications are due April 30, 2021.
The application form can be found here.
Financial support is exclusively for stipend support to the student.
The fellow must submit a final report to the Fellowship Committee by December 1, following completion of the summer fellowship. Any publications resulting from supported research must acknowledge the support.
Award Amount: $2,500
Selection Criteria: Fellowship applications will be judged on:
- Originality of proposed project.
- Significance to neurosurgery of project.
- Feasibility of project completion.
- Applicant’s qualifications.
- Mentor’s qualifications.
- Institutional resources.
- Complete the online CNS/CSNS Medical Student Summer Fellowship Application form.
- Include applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- Include proposed mentor’s curriculum vitae.
- Attach two letters of support.
- Attach a headshot photograph.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
10 N. Martingale Road, Suite 190
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Toll Free: 877-517-1CNS